The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Eligible for Roth IRA? Date:  12/28/1999  8:02 AM
Author:  bether Number:  16956 of 78168

I just read the FAQ on "All About IRAs", and am still a bit confused about the AGI requirement.

One paragraph states: "In order to make a Roth IRA contribution, you must have earned income. Earned income is generally income that you receive from working as compensation for your labor in one form or another. It's reported to you on a W-2 form, or you file Schedule C (Business Income) with y