The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Estate EIN Date:  1/1/2000  5:37 PM
Author:  GTSto Number:  24222 of 127753

- My mother died Nov.99 and I am attempting to settle her estate. Her estate was in stocks and mutual funds. I am one of three trustees.
- I must file an estate tax form 706. Do I need to obtain an EIN for the Trust?
- Will I have to file income tax forms for the trust as well as a final one for her?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us