The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-reply-i-am-a-san-francisco-native-11757260.aspx

Subject:  Re: Pick Apart My Retire Early Plan Date:  1/5/2000  6:29 PM
Author:  room335 Number:  17400 of 75383

Thanks for the reply. I am a San Francisco native so I grew up in cold misty weather except I haven't lived there for an extended period for 20 years.

I was in Seattle last May and it was beautiful. It happened to be warm and clear. According to the home advertisements I saw the housing was "reasonable", especially compared to San Francisco. Right now it saeems Seattle housing is about 50% of what they want in Silicon Valley. The sales tax in California is 8.25% percent I believe, so that will be about the same as Seattle.

I would like to work for a big high tech firm like Microsoft. The only reason I was thinking of Silicon Valley, CA was because there seems like a wider range of large high tech firms there. My professional qualifications would probably put me in the running for jobs at these type of firms.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us