The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks C / Celeritek, Inc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/fortunately-i-have-seen-handsome-profits-as-well-11810459.aspx

Subject:  Re: Did anybody notice... Date:  1/14/2000  5:22 PM
Author:  PolluxTroy Number:  27 of 42

Fortunately, I have seen handsome profits as well.

Regardless, Markman's article shows his blatant lack of integrity. It is my understanding that his only response to the reporting gaff was a paragraph on MSN's message board coupled with cropping the article.

Fortunately, he stumbled onto an excellent company (albeit for the wrong reasons). That is not the issue. Whether the stock still has upside potential of 10,000% (as he is hoping so he can "save face" in his next column) is not at issue either. Markman should have explicitly admitted to his reporting error, and the correction should have been plastered all over MSN and the newswires. That's what the Times does. That's what the Journal does. That's what the Economist does. People make mistakes -- the man is a journalist, not an engineer. The way he handled the situation, however, is inexcusable. The man now has no credibility whatsoever.

.Px.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us