The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  capital gains stock Date:  1/18/2000  6:50 PM
Author:  irehn Number:  25428 of 127519

my stocks have appreciated a lot in the last year, of the oder of 170k, and i am afarid they may take a beating now. in order to safeguard my money, i want to reduse the holdings on some of those high flyers.

Is it possible to save taxes by buying similar stocks, or the same one in a shorter amount of time, and save taxes ??

Any other tips to save the capital gains tax.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us