The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks U / US Web

Subject:  Re: thoughts Date:  1/19/2000  10:37 AM
Author:  xinc Number:  333 of 347

First of all, I've been a team member here at WHIT for about two months now, a recent Big 5 guy that wanted an actual 'life'. I'd like to give my perspective on WHIT as a company.

So far, so great. If you look at us overall, you see a company that has literally transformed over the years under Bob Bernard's leadership. Several years back, we were just another contractor slugging out code and earning billable hours. In a few short years, Bob Bernard has transformed WHIT into a *profitable* $500M company, with nearly 4,000 employees, doing work in just about every sector of technology.

I think the merger is going to be a great thing-- first, it allows us WHIT folks to grow with the addition of a lot of talented Web developers (something that's in short supply 'round here, at least). Second, if what Mosafef said is accurate, I think it's a great opportunity to provide the right kind of structure in place to support the USWB folks. Together-- the sky is the limit.

I do have a couple concerns with the merger, though. First of all, it adds a level of uncertainty, and will almost definitely affect profits, although hopefully gross revenue won't be adversely affected (as per the risks stated in the SEC filing this week). I think there's opportunity for growing pains as well-- in the cities where we both have large offices, the integration may not be as smooth as we'd all like to see. Also, I chose to work for a smaller company for a specific reason-- it will be interesting to see if we can avoid the bureaucracy that is inherent in most large organizations.

Finally, my suggestions for a new name (apologies to those companies that might already be using these):

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us