The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/company-stock-investment-plan-11849795.aspx

Subject:  Company Stock Investment Plan Date:  1/21/2000  6:00 PM
Author:  MichaelSB Number:  18077 of 75340

The company that I work for is one of 7 companies that are owned by an employee owned holding company. We are given the opportunity to purchase, with pre-tax dollars, stock in the holding company. The company also matches a given % depending on the performance of all 7 companies (last year 27.3%). Since joining the company 3.5 years ago the price per share has increased from about $9.10 to $12.90. I currently withhold only 1% (out of 15%) of my pre-tax earnings and put it towards company stock. I would like to buy more but I don't because I am really hung up on the fact that my company's stock is not publicly traded on any exchange. The value of the company stock is determined on a bi-annual (soon to be quarterly) basis by a given accounting firm.

Anyone out there have a similar experience I can draw from? Any opinions on whether I am putting to much "stock" in the stock not being publicly traded? Any and all opinions are appreciated.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us