The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/most-of-use-are-not-devoting-our-energies-to-11900972.aspx

Subject:  Re: Unwritten Rules of Wage Slavery Date:  1/31/2000  10:31 AM
Author:  CindyC72 Number:  2747 of 748871

Most of use are not devoting our energies to construction of a Retire Early plan to free up more time for crossword puzzles and syndicated comedies. But the work we do after that magical day will be done on different terms. And that will make all the difference.

Well said. And yesterday and today highlighted the reasons why I am going for Early Retirement. We had an ice/snow/slush/yuck storm yesterday. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon wondering about how I was going to get to work today. Instead of staying home, holed up safe and sound from the weather, I am getting ready to go start my car and try and melt off the ice and go into work. I will be there around noon, and even that will probably be frowned upon by some.

Someday I will be able to sit here on a day like this, hot cup of coffee in hand, monitoring my investements, and looking outside and being able to see how beautiful it is out there, instead of only being able to see a messy roadway.

Cindy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us