The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-really-am-quite-satisfied-with-my-job-i-can-11904776.aspx

Subject:  Re: Unwritten Rules of Wage Slavery Date:  1/31/2000  8:48 PM
Author:  hocus Number:  2769 of 734807

I really am quite satisfied with my job. I can honestly say that I cannot relate to any of the five rules hocus talked about.

Thanks for posting your counter-story. Those in a job situation like yours get the benefits of completing a Retire Early plan without having to go through the hard part of saving all that money!

The only downside is the risk that your great circumstances can be taken away if your employer were to go bankrupt or be bought out. I don't mean to suggest that we should all spend much of our time worrying about such possibilities. These things do happen, though, and they seem to happen more nowadays.

I have a friend who is 100 percent satisifed in his job. He learned recently that his company is being bought out, and he will probably lose his job. He is lucky that he will receive a severance equal to about four year's pay, so he will make a lot of money on this deal. His personal reaction is still sadness, though, because he doubts that the perfect job can be replaced.

Anyway, I'm glad you gave the thread some balance.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us