The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/does-anyone-own-ffa-stock-as-a-means-of-income-it-11905454.aspx

Subject:  Re: A REIT to rave about!? Date:  1/31/2000  10:55 PM
Author:  Follydolly Number:  1861 of 19257

Does anyone own FFA stock as a means of income? IT looks great to me and the numbers look promissing.
Just wanted to get some second opinions.... Thanks.
Eddie

I have owned FFA since 1994 at $18. Other than SPG, it is the only REIT I have that has appreciated in value. All the others lost thousands in capital, which to me is the same as robbing Peter to pay Paul, only I am robbing myself. Two Reits I owned actually turned into penny stocks...I sold them at a substantial loss. The Reits were purchased for my account (with my stupid approval) by my ML broker. I think he made good money from these sales. When he managed to sell me another $15000 worth of HPT last fall and I realized my error, I changed brokers, make my own stock trades over the internet, use the broker for mutual fund & bond purchases. My portfolio is looking lots brighter thanks to TMF. I still own the REITS and junk bonds I bought through ML, but should any of them approach near to what I paid, I'm getting out. Back to FFA, I believe that it's now an expensive REIT and you could lose some capital. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Fool on!
follydolly
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us