The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Mortgage Interest Date:  2/1/2000  9:07 AM
Author:  SheffieldCourt Number:  26583 of 127753

I've always been in a situation where I use the 1040EZ tax form when filing my taxes. This year the only difference I have is I have been paying a mortgage and can deduct the mortgage interest. Should I now be using a professional tax preparer or is this still a simple paperwork process? What forms would I need? Thanks for your help.

Another option would be to find yourself a copy of TurboTax or TaxCut - they both walk you through the process and you can even file electronically...for a quicker refund!

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us