The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: tax question Date:  2/1/2000  3:39 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  26653 of 127642

<<What is the tax schedule I need to get for debit interest - money I paid to borrow on margin - so I can get credit for it. >>

As Phil points out, you are really talking about the itemized deduction for investment interest. You can read more about how investment interest works in the Taxes FAQ area. You'll want to review IRS Form 4952 and the corresponding instructions for additional information.

TMF Taxes
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us