The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: rollover IRA Date:  2/1/2000  5:31 PM
Author:  mattpam Number:  18586 of 88783

If you want to control what type of investment you have
in your roll/over IRA, you would best served by chosing
a brokerage firm (discount and/or online) as custodian for your IRA. Banks, or other institutions tend to restrict the type of investment they will process in
an IRA! All thats necessary is choose the broker; they will provide all the necessary forms the account is set
up soon as they receive the forms and you are ready to
transfer any checks or other qualified assets into the account. They will advise any endorsement needed on cheques. You can the instruct them what you want purchased for the account. You can choose stocks,bonds,
mutual funds etc. etc. and your commission and account
fees will usually be considerably, less than what banks charge. Hope tis will be help! - - Matthew
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us