The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 401K Rollover Date:  2/3/2000  1:33 PM
Author:  joshnjodi Number:  26966 of 127753


I have a question about a 401k rollover. Last year, I did this using TurboTax and now this year I am trying to do it on my own...

In 1998 tax year, I had a 401k distribution (1099-R) and spread the payments over 4 years. The distribution then went into a ROTH account.

Here is my question:

Since this is year 2 of 4 payments (tax year 1999), what form must I use to report the 2nd payment? 1040? 1040EZ? And on what line do I report this info?

Thanks for your help in advance,

- Josh
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us