The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Self Employment Income Date:  2/6/2000  1:43 PM
Author:  Sanabria Number:  27466 of 127642

For tax purposes, can one say they are in the business of stock trading when the only stock traded is that bought and sold for themselves and can they then consider any gains/losses and dividends to be self-employment income? If not, why is this different from a "little guy" buying items from a wholesaler, selling it in the retail market,and then claiming this as a business? If it can be done, does the person need to be a licensed broker?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us