The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/vagabond-the-reason-for-my-post-was-not-to-11942878.aspx

Subject:  Re: LTC Date:  2/7/2000  2:32 PM
Author:  TwoCybers Number:  2015 of 19349

Vagabond -- the reason for my post was not to suggest you get or not get LTC insurance. Rather I am thinking of that old sage -- figures never lie, but liars figure. So what is the truth? It is very difficult on the surface to reconcil the two statements.

Clearly if my lawyer is correct, I don't want it. If on the other hand the insurance commisioners are not twisting figures, then I probably will take a different viewpoint.

Insurance is just insurance. Since the sales people and the company get money, clearly the amount of the premiums must exceed the collective cost of care. The real issue is if I am one of those people who is 100% in a nursing home for 2000 days at $200/day, can I handle the costs without insurance or medicade? If yes, then the insurance is not so good. If all the assets are gone, my wife might not have such a nice retirement.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us