The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Filing online Date:  2/8/2000  1:31 PM
Author:  horlander Number:  27839 of 127617

My understanding is in order to actually file online you have to have a code provided by the IRS. This code acts as your signature for your filing. Can anyone confirm? What you can do is set up everything online (Turbotax is free for 1040ez) then print out your return, sign, and mail in. I think the first year I did it I actually submitted online, but had to print out one sheet that required my signature and mailed it in. Once the IRS has a record of you submitting this way they will send you a code for next year and you will be able to file the whole thing electronically.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us