The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/agree-with-amys-comments-copied-below-also-if-11952961.aspx

Subject:  Re: I Love TurboTax Online! Date:  2/8/2000  11:21 PM
Author:  gsr Number:  27978 of 121564

Agree with Amy's comments copied below.
ALSO:
IF you have an account with Vanguard or Fidelity or just need to file a 1040EZ form IT CAN BE FREE !!!
Check it out with Vanguard, Fidelity, possibly others and Quicken.com.

The NICEST thing is doing the STATE taxes with effectively 'one-click', and then transmitted them all electronically and being done.

(Downloading, saving and printing a PDF file of the actual return is a good thing to do too)

Give it a try.
-Greg

Hi All!

This is a blatant plug for TurboTax online. (I do not work for Intuit, nor am I an Intuit shareholder. ;))

I've always done our taxes. I hate it, but I'm used to it. This past weekend, I decided to bite the bullet and get started on my 1999 return. I thought I'd try TurboTax, as I had heard it mentioned here and there.

Fools, I have to sincerely say that this year, doing my taxes was at least ten times easier than ever before. The entire process went smoothly and took literally 1/10 of the time it has taken me in past years.

I am finished, and I had to do *no* math, *no* figuring out which forms to use, *no* reading directions, *no* photocopying; I just sat there like a moron and answered the questions that popped up on the screen while the software did all the work.

I didn't even have to go to the fricking store to buy the software. I just went to the Intuit site and got started. Gave them my credit card number right before they filed electronically for me.

http://www.turbotax.com/turbotaxweb99/ttwelcome.html?SRC=turbotaxcomb

This is a wonderful, beautiful thing.

If only someone had told me how ridiculously easy this was in prior years, I could have saved myself a tremendous amount of angst and self-flagellation.

Just wanted to share this with my fellow Fools in the hopes that it might save one of you some hair-pulling *this* tax season.

Fool on!
Amy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us