The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/long-term-care-11971871.aspx

Subject:  Long Term Care Date:  2/11/2000  5:42 PM
Author:  pgibb Number:  18973 of 75807

How foolish is it to invest in long term care? Any other fools want to discuss this one? My wife and I are about to retire (57+) and have a reasonable nest egg set aside, enough to live on comfortably if not lavishly, assuming basic economic health. I'm serioulsy considering buying a LTC plan ... I'm thinking of it pretty much as a kind of insurance for our assets, with the only real downside being that we lose the potential use of that money (about 40K) for some time. Seems like a pretty safe bet, either to get the basic principle plus small interest back if we don't use it, or as death benefit for heirs. My questions: Is there anyting more to this than meets the eye? Anything to be careful about before investing? Is there much difference between different programs or companies? Do you need to shop around? Anyone have any real experience or knowledge about this or want to talk about it? Peter
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us