The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Rule Breakers, Rule Makers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/woutervan-wrote-i-went-and-purchased-rbrm-and-am-11978097.aspx

Subject:  Re: Good to see Tom in L.A. Date:  2/13/2000  9:30 AM
Author:  hangtown Number:  208 of 265

woutervan wrote:

I went and purchased RB,RM and am looking forward to reading it so I can restructure my portfolio after six years of "bad" day trading. It's about time I started investing for the long term. I look forward to BUY & HOLD stocks that fall into your RB,RM model. I will keep you informed on how the new portfolio is doing.

Wouter,

If you don't mind my jumping in here, I'd like to point out that as you read and participate in the various stock message boards, you will find some people advocating day trading and insisting that they are making far more money at it than could be had by LTBH strategies. Some of them are quite vociferous in fact. Just keep in mind you may run into people who will ridicule your "conversion".

On the other hand, you could help provide an alternate view of day trading that could be helpful to others.

Take care,

Scott
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us