The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE


Subject:  Re: retire early study Date:  2/13/2000  12:19 PM
Author:  eugenecowan Number:  3814 of 876031

But now that brings up another point. If I'm in AZ, and earning money from a partneership where the other guy is in CA, how
does CA take the taxes. Not how as in what forms do I file, but how as in how would AZ ever let CA take the money that
they would otherwise get. I can't imagine it would be legal for me to be taxed by both CA and AZ, right???


CA requires the CA resdient partners to withhold on distributions payable to the non CA resident. It makes the resident partners responsible for the taxes if such partners do not withhold.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us