The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  INS Lawyer Expenses (Immigration) Date:  2/17/2000  11:12 PM
Author:  ctaylor10 Number:  29097 of 127637

I'm Canadian and have had to pay about 10K to lawyers in 1999 for legal service to obtain Greencards for my wife and I. Can I deduct any of these fees on the grounds that I was required to pay them in order to earn income?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us