The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/anya-wrote-hello-to-everyone-on-my-favorite-12006220.aspx

Subject:  Re: Planning to Retire Oversees Date:  2/18/2000  12:09 AM
Author:  jpkiljan Number:  4242 of 757852

Anya wrote:

Hello to everyone on my favorite board.

I am just at the threshold of investing with a vengence to facilitate an early escape from the "forced"
workforce in 7-10 years (my spouse and I are both 32 now), if all goes well. We are seriously interested
in setting up our new home base in rural France at that time. . . . Anya

I haven't a clue as to the answer to your questions, but I am curious why you chose France. It has been many years since I was there and I was favorably impressed by the art and culture but was put off by how rude people were in the big cities. They really did not like foreigners of any nationality. However, the little time I spent in the countryside, things seemed much different and I have always wondered if I missed the best part of the country. Anyway, what part of country were you considering? I might want to go there an another visit someday. I assume there must be some places in rural France where the trees are still standing after the record-breaking winter storms. 8^)
-- John
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us