The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Roth Conversion Date:  2/21/2000  2:57 PM
Author:  HardlyRich Number:  29494 of 127753

I think I was able to answer my own question.

I had reported my $2000 1998 Roth recharacterization on form 8606. Now, for 1999 I again report a $2000 recharacterization on form 8606, even though I actually only performed one recharacterization.

I reported the gross distribution from my 1999 1099-R on line 15a of my 1040. Line 15b on the 1040 is listed as zero.

Please let me know if I did not handel this correctly.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us