The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/education-deductions-12026961.aspx

Subject:  Education deductions Date:  2/22/2000  3:20 PM
Author:  christ80 Number:  29610 of 121114

I read a Fool archive on education and tax deductions but I am still unclear as to whether my case qualifies for any deductions. From what I read in the November '98 archive, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't be able to find any deductions, but believe it's worth a shot--any help would be greatly appreciated before I hire a tax advisor.

In November, I took a leave of absence from a management consultancy (based in the U.S.)to learn French (based in Paris) which has helped me to find a job working as a manager within a new company (based in the UK). I am in charge of market entries in Europe so my French is part of why I was hired.

At the same time, I'm also technically employed with my old company who if I were to return, has offered to put me in Europe, partly due to my having learned French.

Does any of this help me in finding tax deductions from the costs of language acquisition?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us