The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 3 tax questions Date:  2/22/2000  8:55 PM
Author:  BJMoses1 Number:  29659 of 127753

Is it possible for 4hunter to take the deduction on the
traditional IRA for his wife in 1999 and convert it to a Roth in 2000?

If so, would the entire amount of the conversion be
taxable or just the gains?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us