The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: too much contribution? Date:  2/23/2000  11:06 AM
Author:  jlepark Number:  29716 of 127513

A rollover is not a contribution. You contributed that original $1700 in a previous tax year, correct? If so, you should be fine with your 1999 $2000 contribution. If you did over contribute, there's a penalty (6%???).

You may want to go to for more information...
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us