The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Roth early withdraw Date:  2/26/2000  4:42 PM
Author:  tryan8777 Number:  19530 of 88528

I converted a regular to a Roth IRA in 1999. Now I need to pay the taxes on the original rollover amount. I have done well in the stock market with my IRA and have made no additional cash contributions. Can I withdraw from the Roth to pay the taxes for the rollover conversion. Will I have a 10% penalty and/or taxes on the amount I withdraw. I will not have to touch the original conversion funds???? Anyone been there done that??? Thanks in advance for the reply,

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us