The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  lump sum distribution - subsequent years Date:  2/27/2000  1:12 PM
Author:  shtevo1 Number:  30183 of 127616

can anyone tell me how to handle the forward averaging of lump sum distributions in subsequent years? I did
my folks tax return the last year when they received a 1099-R and we filled out form 4972 with 5 year forward averaging.

How does the 20% income from distribution get reflected
on tax forms in subsequent years. TurboTax doesn't seem to kick me into any additional form to request these numbers (I didn't use Turbo-Tax last year). Where does this income get recognized?

thanks in advance.

please email

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us