The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: multiple state taxes Date:  2/27/2000  2:21 PM
Author:  TheBadger Number:  30191 of 123001

Generally speaking (because I am unfamiliar with Kansas & Missouri) you should:

1. File a state return for your state of residency (Kansas) including 100% of your income, irrespective of where earned.

2. File in each and every other non-residency state in which you have "nexu