The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: what can I do? Date:  2/28/2000  11:44 AM
Author:  pmarti Number:  30271 of 127525

<< What I failed to say is that I have not sent my tax forms yet. Do I still get to refile, even if I get more money back? >>

Let's back up. Here's what I think happened:

1. Your wife has already filed a return Married, Filing Separately.

2. You have not filed yet, and would like to file a joint return with your wife.

Assuming I'm right, you have to have your wife's agreement to file the joint return. If she's agreeable to this, check the 1040X instructions to see what to do.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us