The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: financial planner for advice on annuities Date:  2/29/2000  11:43 PM
Author:  AlyKat Number:  19672 of 88786

Several of the articles concerning retirement investing suggested that, before retiring, it would be WISE to consult a financial planner for advice on withdrawing or rolling over any 403b annuities or taking a lump sum distribution. Does The Fool have a list of financial planners they could recommend? Short of looking in the yellow pages, I wouldn't know where to begin.

I have found word of mouth to be the best way to find a financial planner, an accountant, a lawyer or any other professional you might need. I would start by asking your friends, relatives, coworkers etc if they have a financial planner they have had a good experience with and would recommend to you. Chances are your friends aren't going to refer you to someone who screwed them. If they do it is time to find some new friends. ;o)

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us