The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-retking-and-welcome-i-recall-and-remember-the-12101788.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement Investing Date:  3/2/2000  9:30 AM
Author:  L2J Number:  19719 of 75539

Hi RetKing and Welcome.

I recall and remember the post. Sorry, I have no personal experience to draw from. Have you read the Fool's 13 steps? If not, I suggest you start there in the Fool's school. Secondly, read em again! TMFPixy has some great articles regarding retirement and retirement investing, searching those would be my 3rd choice.

You need to assess your situation; expenses, needs, income to meet your goals, etc. I retired in 97 and opted to leave my 401K due to some flexibility within to move from stock to 1 0f 3 funds and fixed income fund or distribute across all options at some %. I'm not yet 59 so the withdrawl option on 401K or IRAs is not an option. Also, my plan is to avoid taking SS until age 65, possibly older. Annuity - dislike is Foolishly healthy.

Sorry I'm not really much help but I would suggest, a repost of entire question on this board (I hate going back to reread the request/question). Your subject is fine (IMO) add a (?) after. Good luck

HaGD, L2

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us