The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks R / Radiant Systems, Inc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gt-anyone-home-gt-gt-you-guys-are-sure-12112061.aspx

Subject:  Re: Agreement with Microsoft Date:  3/2/2000  11:44 PM
Author:  SFEley Number:  49 of 58

> Anyone home?
>
> You guys are sure quite about all this good news.

What is there to say? I first bought Radiant in late 1997 on its way down (at 27, then 19), then bought a *lot* more of it in 1998 at 6.75 knowing it would come back up. I know a fair amount about the company; I'm a consultant for one of its major customers, and I've been in Radiant's offices and worked with several of their developers. Radiant as a solutions provider has both good points and bad points (their own employees are well aware of some of those bad points), but the technology itself is very strong.

Today's been a very good day -- the stock's now a ten-bagger for me -- but I worry whether it's going up so fast for the wrong reasons. I intend to hold, but if the stock's going to retain its value it needs to have more than Microsoft's name going for it. I don't know much about this RetailEnterprise venture; it seems a departure from Radiant's traditional strengths, which are POS (point-of-sale) systems and back-office software, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't find a way to tie it back in.

One thing seems obvious to me: until today, Radiant has been an extremely undernoticed stock. It's gone from 6 to 50 inside of a year with practically no coverage. That's probably going to change now. Keep watching it.

- SFE

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us