The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  IRA & SIMPLE rollover to ROTH??HELP Date:  3/3/2000  4:05 PM
Author:  tsulli317 Number:  19774 of 87980

Here's the scoop. I hvae funds in a simple and traditional IRA accounts that in Feb. 2000 went from $30,000 to over $200,000
Can I rollover for tax year 1999 into a roth IRA and avoid the taxable gain I know will happen?
OR, do I have to pay taxes on what the account is currently worth today? THanks for any response in advance. fool on.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us