The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltltltfinding-the-right-niche-is-a-kind-of-12124466.aspx

Subject:  Re: Choices...good job, no retirement plan- Date:  3/4/2000  9:54 AM
Author:  JLC Number:  19788 of 76079

<<<finding the right 'niche' is a kind of genius..>>>

Yes, but the vast majority of these jobs were plumbers, clothes cleaners, landscapers, etc, etc. What the world would consider boring and meanial jobs. These people just worked hard.

<<<just remember that for every guy who was interesting enough to make it in the book, there's probably two dozen boring guys like me:

found niche i thought i could exploit and worked very very hard. and at the end, i was 40k in debt, had decimated the IRA and was thinking about moving back in with Mom.
i know i made misktakes, and i don't regret the attempt.>>>

True. However, another interesting fact, the majority of these people were failures at some point in time. They just kept plugging away. They didn't always succeed at their first attempt.

<<<but books about all the failures don't sell .>>>

Not yet anyway. Wouldn't suprise me if the author wrote a corallary book on why people fail. You can learn just as much from mistakes as failures.

JLC

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us