The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Rule 72t and contributions to qualified accounts Date:  3/4/2000  1:19 PM
Author:  nhewitt Number:  2691 of 20596

I'm taking withdrawals under rule 72t.

I retired early but I have been given an offer to go back to work that will be really hard to refuse.

If I decide to go back to work, can I make new contributions to a qualified plan (401k, 403b, etc.)? If I can make contributions, are there any tax ramifications on the past or future withdrawals.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us