The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: WHO CLAIMS DEPENDENT Date:  3/6/2000  8:27 PM
Author:  shortamzn Number:  31057 of 127528

You need to determine if anyone of the three (you, your father, or the baby's father)is providing more than 50% of your baby's support. Whoever provides more than 50% of the support during 2000 should claim the exemption. If nobody provides more than 50% of the support, you get into a multiple support agreement situation where those who provide more than 10% of the support must decide who gets to claim the exemption.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us