The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: debit interest from margin Date:  3/6/2000  9:57 PM
Author:  shortamzn Number:  31067 of 123001

If you have net capital gains from the sale of investment property such as stocks or mutual fund shares, those gains are not treated as investment income unless you specifically elect to include them in investment income on Form 4952. If you make the election, you cannot use capital gains rates for the amount of