The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Roth IRA Trustee? Date:  3/17/2000  10:19 AM
Author:  memarcit Number:  20176 of 88540


Just wondering, is it possible to have different years of Roth IRA contributions with different trustees?

For example, I've got my $2000 of 1999 Roth IRA contributions with Vanguard in two mutual funds. But now I want a Janus mutual fund.

I don't really want to pay Vanguard's sales charge for every investment/disbursement i make/take to/from that Janus fund.

So I'm wondering if I can do my $2000 contribution for 2000 with Janus. And maybe 2001 with an online broker?

Would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us