The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: UGMAs and Roth IRAs Date:  3/18/2000  2:24 AM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  32004 of 127845

<< I am considering investing in a mutual fund as a UGMA for my infant child. Once he starts earning income, probably at about age 15, will i be able to convert the UGMA into a Roth IRA? >>

No. IRA contributions require earned income, and are limited to $2,000 per year or the amount of earned income, whichever is less.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us