The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-did-the-myers-brigg-test-about-6-years-ago-12237722.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retire Early Personality Study Date:  3/20/2000  8:59 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  6468 of 734592

I did the Myers Brigg test about 6 years ago before quitting to raise our boys. I had a split personality the tester had never seen before. He said I was either an INTJ or an ENTJ. I'm not quite sure how one can be a split personality between introvert and extrovert, but there you are.

Unfortunately, I am also not sure which way to answer your question. I no longer do the 9-5 thing and LOVE that, but I do work 24/7 at home and while I don't get a pay check it sure is work. Additionally, I've taken on the responsibility of family investor and have been putting in conservatively 4 hours a day 6 days a week, since last April. What can I say, sharp learning curve. I don't forsee stopping this either, although I should be able to spend less time at it as I get better schooled.

So I guess my question would have to be how do you define retirement and how do you define work? If you define retirement as no longer being part of the rat race, then I heartily pick A) Retired early and like it. If you define work as taking care of my family and being the financial engineer, then my choice would be D)I'm not retired and want to work as long as I can.

Ah, there is that split personality again!

Happily,

InParadise
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us