The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Rolling over my STRS Date:  3/21/2000  8:16 AM
Author:  TMFExRO Number:  20326 of 88532

<< I will be leaving my teaching job this June, and have accumulated money in STRS(State Teacher's Retirement System). Specifically, can I roll my $ into a Roth IRA? Generally, what other options do I have? >>

The only thing I can definitely tell you is that you can't roll directly from an employer plan to a Roth IRA. You may be able to roll from the plan to a traditional IRA, which could then be converted to Roth.

The place to start figuring out what your options are is the plan administrator.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us