The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Rolling over my STRS Date:  3/22/2000  1:48 AM
Author:  2catlover Number:  20358 of 88508

I strongly recommend that you make an appointment with a STRS advisor and research your options. Your decsion depends upon how long you have been in the system, whether you intend to return to teaching(because you will have to repay the money), and whether you have enough years to consider the retirement benfits. If you are considering the pension, the amount is based on your employer's and your contribution. If you take the money as a distribution, you only get your contributions. I have computed my STRS at retirement and it is considerably better than my husband's social security benefit with considerably less years of contributing.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us