The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Non-custodial Parents!!! Date:  3/22/2000  9:28 PM
Author:  shortamzn Number:  32408 of 127614

"if both you and your ex-wife provide over half the support of your son"

How can two different people each provide more than half the support of one child--Curiously JAFO

Well tain't Hemingway I guess--but if the parents together provide over half the support of the child, the custodial parent gets the deduction, unless the he/she waives it through Form 8332 or similar agreement.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us