The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/howdy-fellow-re-aspirer-i-too-made-the-same-12260430.aspx

Subject:  Re: Portfolio Tracking Date:  3/22/2000  11:12 PM
Author:  2catlover Number:  6760 of 737427

Howdy, Fellow RE Aspirer,
I, too, made the same changes that you mention. I had some very expensive lessons from my FA--some valuable, most of them expensive. I consider it 'tuition' in the school of RE. I also invest with the same companies you have chosen. My tax advisor (I haven't replaced him, yet)only requests the end of year 'cost base summary'. So, I figure that is one less worry for me while I smell the roses. I enjoy the challenge of managing my own mutual fund portfolio. It encourages us all to make better, informed decisions. How about you? I realize that it gives one fits of uncertainty and insecurity from time to time. Why do we trust that FA that just graduated from H and R Block University because s/he has a certificate and we pay a commission? However,do you notice that in the long run, we do just as well or better than the FA's we paid comissions to if we pay attention to what is going on in the world and take charge of our own investments? Hang in there and I will see you at the beach in 3 years!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us