The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Can I file my tax without W2 form? Date:  3/26/2000  9:00 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  32631 of 127613

<<<< I have a situation in which I cannot get the W2
for from my previous employer by any means (legal
or illegal). Is there any way I can file the tax ?
I do have my pay stubs. >>

In addition to (or instead of) contacting Uncle Sammy, you can simply go to the IRS web site and download IRS Form 4852...which is nothing more that a substitute for a W-2 form that you can't receive. You'll have to state what you did to try and receive the W-2 form, and also how you arrived at the amounts.

But it's a handy little for for your problem.

TMF Taxes
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us