The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-hope-you-are-writing-a-book-which-compiles-in-12300430.aspx

Subject:  Re: Ten Mental Exercises Leading To Freedom Date:  3/29/2000  1:02 PM
Author:  hocus Number:  7106 of 744474

I hope you are writing a book which compiles in part the posts you have on this board. And, may it be a best seller which hastens your ER.

You accomplished a rarely seen achievement today, NowInMaui. You managed to temporarily humble hocus into silence!

Now that I've recovered, let me say that I do hope to write on this subject (and a few others) on a "professional" basis (meaning, "for money"). I won't go "pro," though, until I can write without really needing the money. In a sense, then, I'll remain an amateur (one who does something for "amour," or "love").

I once had a writing job that on paper offered a great deal of editorial freedom. This was a dream job, and it took me years of effort to acquire it. The day the job was taken away for reasons of internal company politics was the day I began searching for an alternate path that ultimately turned me onto the Retire Early principles.

My wife had been suggesting for some time that I begin writing in my "free moments" rather than waiting for financial independence. It's no fun for me to write just for myself, though, so I had not taken action on her idea until I discovered the Retire Early board. Hearing responses (both positive and negative) brings the thing alive. So thanks for reading and responding (and positive is a wee bit more appreciated than negative, I must admit!).
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us