The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Reporting option splits on Schedule D Date:  4/2/2000  1:06 PM
Author:  HappyPants Number:  33287 of 127643

I have some options that split because the underlying security split. When I report the eventual gain or loss on my taxes, which option symbol do I use on Schedule D, the pre- or post-split option description?

I'm mainly asking this out of curiosity as I'll have to report it on year 2000 taxes.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us