The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Form 4562 Depreciation. Date:  4/4/2000  8:34 AM
Author:  BadBone Number:  33470 of 127613

For the computer, you have to fill out form 4562 if the computer's use was at least 50% for your business. If not, you can't write it off anyway. It falls in the category of things that must be written off over 5 years. The office furniture however fall into a category that makes it depreciable over seven years.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us